How much money do you get a year with mailings? Would you like to double or even triple that? How can you write a more effective appeal letter? This webinar will show you how to make your mailing plan, segment your mailing list into different types of donors, get deals on your mailing costs, write your fabulous appeal letter, and do impeccable followup to raise tons of money in the mail!
According to the 2011 DonorCentrics Internet and Multichannel Giving Benchmarking Report, direct mail giving is still the overwhelming majority of fundraising revenue. However, It has become increasingly common for new donors to give their first gift online. The study also shows that online-acquired donors have much higher cumulative value over the long term than traditional mail-acquired donors. AND, every year, large proportions of online-acquired donors switch from online giving to offline sources – primarily to direct mail. In this webinar, we will talk about how online and offline appeals differ and how you can make the most effective approach to turn your online donors into annual givers, over and over again.
During this 90 minute webinar, in an easy-to-follow process, Mazarine Treyz (Wild Woman Fundraising) will cover the essential steps you can follow to take your appeals from a 1% return to a 10% return or more.
Step-By-Step Live Demonstration:
During this webinar, we will learn the elements of a successful appeal letter. We’ll check out how to write it, how to merge it, how to send it efficiently, how to research potential major donors, how to segment donors for a bigger return, and more.
Get Your Questions Answered:
In order to effectively answer the questions of the participants, we limit the number of participants in this interactive webinar. There is also a question-and-answer session at the end of the webinar.
- What are 3 ways to grab your reader and keep them reading from the start?
- What kind of stories should you put in your appeal?
- What are the 7 different types of donors and how do you identify them?
- How do you write to each different type of donor? What do they respond to?
- How can you gather testimonials and how can you identify the most effective testimonials?
- Why MUST you include a PS and how do you write them?
- What are the important distinctions between direct mail and email appeals?
- How should you make your call to action different for online versus offline appeals?
- How much should you be spending on printing and how can you get your mailing costs down?
- If you outsource the mailing process, how can you vet a mailing company?
- What are some ways to get your mailing printed for free?
The following bonus materials are included with this webinar:
- A visual process flow document to help you get your mailing out FAST.
- Sample Appeal letter
- Estimating cost of appeal worksheet
- Appeal Mailing FAQ
- Appeal letter templates for each of the seven types of donors
Want to watch but not sure your schedule will allow? Register and receive the recording to watch for up to 7 days!