How You Can Help Pass A Down Syndrome Prenatal Testing Law in Your State
Co-hosted by DSAIA, NDSS & MDSC
Originally aired on September 20, 2012. This webinar is available for viewing on:
Thursday, Oct 4th at 4 pm/7 pm
Saturday, Oct 6th at 4 pm/7 pm
Registrants will have an opportunity to replay the webinar for a limited amount of time.
The Prenatally & Postnatally Diagnosed Condition Act (P.L. 110-34) was enacted into federal law in 2008 to increase the readiness of accurate, up-to-date, and balanced information about Down syndrome to women and families considering prenatal testing, and the state of Massachusetts recently followed suit and passed a similar state law. The focus on recent federal and state legislation is a result of the many ways to screen for and diagnose Down syndrome during a pregnancy, including new noninvasive prenatal tests (NIPT) available in select markets.
DSAIA, MDSC, and NDSS are cohosting this webinar to help local Down syndrome support organizations work to pass similar legislation in their state. This webinar will cover the following topics:
• History behind federal and state legislative efforts
• How can a Down syndrome organization, NDSS Government Affairs Committee (GAC), etc., mobilize to pass similar legislation in your state
• Launch a new Down syndrome prenatal testing model legislation template and resource tool kit for Down syndrome organizations, GACs, etc.
The webinar will feature the following speakers from leading Down syndrome national and state advocacy organizations:
• John Anton, Advocacy Specialist, Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress
• Maureen Gallagher, Executive Director, Massachusetts Down Syndrome Congress
• Sara Weir, Vice President, Advocacy & Affiliate Relations, National Down Syndrome Society
• Madeleine Will, Vice President, Public Policy, National Down Syndrome Society
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
I continue to be impressed with the depth of the board/professional workshops offered.
Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action started as a conference bringing together outstanding leadership from Down syndrome organizations around the country. Learn More
Down Syndrome Affiliates in ActionPO Box 7192
Missoula, Montana 59802
Call or email anytime!
© Copyright Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action 2020. All Rights Reserved.