What Your Sponsors Really Want
Available thru June 15th!
Time: Pick your time! (90 min webinar)
Cost: $50 (Free for DSAIA members!)
Are you worried about your next big walk?
Have you ever been at your wits end for talking with sponsors?
Are you afraid of what sponsors are thinking?
Do you have a hard time justifying why they should sponsor you, other than “We’re a good cause”?
Big Walk Events make the majority of their money with sponsorship.
How will this webinar help you? You will learn how to articulate your value to sponsors on paper and in person. You’ll learn how to create your sponsorship proposal, how to nail that sponsorship meeting, and more! You’ll even learn how to create an after-event sponsorship report that shines, AND how to negotiate the sponsorship for next year.
We’ll reveal the secrets of what sponsors REALLY want to get out of sponsoring you, based on research from actual sponsors.
After taking this 90 minute webinar, you’ll be able to get inside your sponsors’ heads to figure out how to speak to their needs and create that longer term relationship to sustain your nonprofit for years to come.
You Will Learn:
1. How to Get Your Foot In the Door with Sponsors (How to meet them)
2. How to use your website to make your event attractive to sponsors (with lots of real life examples!)
3. What your sponsors are really hungry for
4. What to Say to Sponsors: Phrases Your Sponsors LOVE to hear
5. Learn when to pitch sponsors! (When your sponsors make budget decisions)
6. What to Bring To Your Sponsorship Meeting
7. How to find and show your demographics
8. 7 key elements of a good sponsorship proposal
9. Thanking sponsors: How to help sponsors measure the impact of sponsorship
10. Best practices for your sponsorship report (with tons of examples!)
11. BONUS: Lots of real world examples of sponsorship reports from the best, including SXSW
12. BONUS #2: New ideas for how to renew sponsors
The following bonus materials are included with this webinar:
1. Sample Sponsorship Letter for you to review
2. Sample Sponsorship Agreement for you to review
3. Sample Sponsorship Contract for you to review
4. Sample Sponsorship Report for You to View
5. In-kind checklist of things to get donated for your event
6. Presentation Slides
7. Presentation Notes
Step-By-Step Live Demonstration:
During this workshop, we will learn how to connect with sponsors on a deeper level. We’ll check out different places to connect with sponsors, how to speak their language, and learn when they make decisions for sponsorship. The skills you will learn in this webinar, AND the bonus materials, can serve you year after year, in all sponsorship situations, whether you’re looking for a sponsor for your music festival, or a sponsor for your walk-a-thon or nonprofit gala.
Presented by Mazarine Treyz:
Mazarine Treyz is the author of the popular Wild Woman’s Guide to Fundraising. Her book was named as one of the Top 10 books of 2010 by Beth Kanter, CEO of Zoetica and author of The Networked Nonprofit. Mazarine co-founded a nonprofit in 2005 and has raised over 1 million dollars for nonprofits. Her blog, http://WildWomanFundraising.com, has over 30,000 monthly readers.
Previous speaking engagements include: The City of Austin, Texas Association for Nonprofit Organizations, Center for Nonprofit Organizations, BigAustin, The Scleroderma Foundation National Conference, Meals on Wheels National training seminars, and more.
Ms. Treyz has raised over $500,000 in sponsorships for nonprofits, and has taught hundreds of national and international nonprofits how to find new sponsorships since 2011. She has been featured on the Chronicle of Philanthropy’s Fundraising Fundamentals Podcast & on the nationally syndicated radio show, Career Clinic with Maureen Anderson.
Praise For Mazarine’s Sponsorship presentations:
Within four hours of soaking in all of your wonderful lessons and advice, I was able to empower someone to bring in a hefty item for one of the Silent Auctions, and secure a major score of my own.
Better yet, using what I had learned within the prior twelve hours, I was able to put together a variety of sponsorship packages for a recently-revealed connection in an industry you mentioned AND
“Wow!”, I not only secured a $1500 sponsorship for a specific need, but just found out that we received a 15,000 sponsorship, as well. I’d say that’s a darned good return on one webinar! Thanks a million! -Judi DeSouter, Director of Advancement at Catholic Elementary Development Partners, New York, NY