Date: Tues, Aug 13th
Time: 1p ET/10a PT
Cost: $25 (Free for DSAIA members!)
Wish you knew someone to conduct Disability Awareness Interactive Presentations? Develop a Disability Awareness program through your association. Learn how to introduce a child’s peers, teachers, school staff, scout troop or community group, to the “common expectations” that they should have with a child or student with a disability. This session is for association leaders, parents, siblings, advocates, and teachers who are interested in creating understanding, empathy, and interactions with and appropriate expectations of a peer with a disability.
Presented by Kathy Becht:
Kathy is a doctoral student, and respected advocate working in the disability field for over 25 years, at the family, grass roots, school, district, state, and national levels. She has:
• Professional and personal experience with children with autism spectrum disorders, Down syndrome, Cowden syndrome, fetal alcohol spectrum disorders, intellectual, learning, and emotional disabilities and deafness.
• Taught 10 years in Florida and New York Public Schools
• Worked with over 40 schools and 47 school districts throughout Florida.
• Conducted presentations and trainings for parents, therapists, medical students, nurses, teachers, and school administrators.
• Co-written 15 awards banquet scripts in the disability arena
• Master’s Degree Exceptional Education, Syracuse University
• Professional Teacher’s Certification, State of Florida
I continue to be impressed with the depth of the board/professional workshops offered.
Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action started as a conference bringing together outstanding leadership from Down syndrome organizations around the country. Learn More
Down Syndrome Affiliates in ActionPO Box 7192
Missoula, Montana 59802
Call or email anytime!
© Copyright Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action 2020. All Rights Reserved.